This statement of intent sets out our plans to provide on-line facilities for our patients by 31st March 2015 in line with the requirements of the national GP Contract.
These facilities are:
- The facility to book appointments online
- The facility to request repeat prescriptions online
- The facility to view basic information from your medical record online
- Automated uploads of Summary Care records
- Electronic transfer of patient records via GP2GP record transfer
The new requirements are outlined below, together with our current position:
Electronic appointment booking
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for all patients who wish to book, view, amend, cancel & print appointments on-line
- We currently offers the facility for appointment booking on-line
Electronic requesting of repeat prescriptions
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for all patients who wish to order on-line, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for necessary drugs, medicines or appliances
- We currently offer the facility for electronic requesting of repeat prescriptions
Patient access to view summary information of their GP record on-line
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for patients over the age of 16 years to view on-line, export or print any summary information from their record, relating to medications, allergies and adverse reactions.
- We currently offer the facility for patients to view their summary information from their GP record on-line
Automatic uploads of Summary Care Record information
Practices are required to enable automated uploads of any changes made to their patients Summary Care Record (SCR) on a daily basis.
Having your Summary Care Record available will provide key information about medication you may be taking, and any medication that you have a recorded allergy or adverse reaction towards. This information will only be provided to clinical staff treating you that do not have access to your full medical record.
- We are currently providing automated uploads of Summary Care Records on a daily basis.
GP2GP electronic health record transfers
Practices are required to utilise the GP2GP facility for the transfer of patient records between practices, when a patient registers or de-registers.
The GP2GP facility provides the ability for patient records to be transferred quickly and securely from one practice to the next as a patient re-registers or de-registers & ensures that the patient record can be integrated as appropriate to ensure there is continuity of the record over time.
- GP2GP facility has been enabled
Lower Clapton Group Practice is fully compliance with all aspects of this national requirement.