Are You a Carer?
If you are please let us know by email: firstname.lastname@example.org – we may be able to help you
There is a wealth of information on NHS Choices about carers and caring. Below are some links into the site that we hope you will find useful.
- Caring for a parent Watch this video on: caring for a parent at home
- Telling people Caring responsibilities can make it difficult to maintain friendships or develop new ones. Telling your friends you’re a carer is important so they understand and can support you.
- Taking a break Caring for someone can be a full-time job, but it’s essential that you take time out for yourself too. Read our guide to accessing breaks and respite.
- Housing and carers Do you know your tenancy rights as a carer? Are you aware of all your care at home options? Do you need tips on moving someone around the home?
Hackney Carers Centre
NHS Advice about resources for carers
Are you a young carer?
Hackney Young Carers can help
- Support, advice and advocacy.
- Individual and group support
- Trips and activities
- Help in accessing specialist services
- A place to meet other young carers
Speak to your GP, nurse or reception or contact
HACKNEY YOUNG CARERS PROJECT
Telephone 020 7254 5554
Carers support groups
Finance and Law
Help claiming benefits, looking after your bank balance and understanding the legal issues of caring.
- Benefits for carers Directing carers to the benefits that can help them in their caring role
- Benefits for the person you care for Advice and information on helping the person you look after get the benefits that they are entitled to
- Death and benefits How your benefits maybe affected after the death of the person you look after and what happens to their benefits
- Managing someone’s legal affairs Advice for when carers find they have to take over the legal affairs of the person they are looking after
- Other benefits Advice for carers and the people they are looking after on claiming a whole host of other benefits unrelated to their disability or caring
- Personal and household finance Advice on keeping a tight rein on household and personal finance for carers
- Social fund
- Tax credits Information on claiming tax credits and whether you might be eligible